Jim founded the firm with Brian Powers in 2003. He has been the managing partner and sole owner of the firm since 2014.
He is a member of the Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada, Trucking Industry Association (TIDA) and American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA).
He has tried cases to jury verdicts in Placer, El Dorado, Yuba, Yolo, Nevada, Sacramento, Lake, San Joaquin and Merced counties having received nine defense verdicts in cases where he represented a defendant. He has completed over 50 first party binding arbitrations representing insurance companies in the hearings. Further, has argued cases in the Third, Fifth and Sixth California Court of Appeals which resulted in three published decisions. He has served as a binding arbitrator in Uninsured motorist actions.
He has presented numerous seminars on various subject matters relevant to the defense of personal injury actions. Jim also volunteers his time serving as a settlement conference attorney for Placer and Sacramento Counties.
When not working, Jim is a dedicated endurance runner who as completed seven marathons and scores of half marathons. He lives with his wife and daughters in Granite Bay.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- J.D. - 1993
- Valparaiso University
- B.S. - 1990
- Personal Injury Defense 90%
- Personal Injury Plaintiff 5%
- Breach of Contracts 5%
- California, 1994
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1994
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Herrera v. Hernandez 164 Cal. App. 4th 1386, 2006
- Lickter v. Lickter 189 Cal. App. 4th 972, 2010
- Gonzales v. City of Atwater 6 Cal. App. 5th 929, 2016
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Sacramento Valley Chapter, Member
- Trucking Industry Defense Association, Member
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California, Member